Learning, Independence, Needs and Care
LINC19-25 is an adult learning provision specifically suited to meet the needs of adults with PMLD or low functioning SLD. This provision is currently located at Highfield Littleport Academy but will move to Highfiled Ely Academy in 2020. LINC19-25 meets its adults’ needs by providing a personalised curriculum which incorporates appropriate therapy services such as Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Hydrotherapy and Music Therapy.
We have a number of on-site facilities to support the learning and needs of our young adults:
- on-site hydrotherapy pool
- over-head tracking systems in all learning environments
- dedicated changing rooms
- access to specialist services such as Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy
- sensory garden
- horticultural area
- adapted kitchen and flat for lifelong learning activities
- sports facilities
- mini bus to allow for community activities and visits
At LINC19-25 we set short term learning outcomes for our adults based on their EHCP’s and track their progress against these. This year our adults will also follow the accredited ASDAN course "Lifeskills Challenge". They will receive certification for the challenges they complete at the end of each academic year.